A hot plate is a very important cooking component that we use for different meal preparations. In every cook, this gadget deals with different food elements, heat, and after cook signs. So, proper and daily cleaning is an undeniable requirement for a hot plate.
There are different types of hot plates that can be cleaned in different ways. As all of those cooktops cannot be cleaned in the same way, you need to follow some guidelines. Let’s help you with this:-
People use different types of hot plates for camping. There are hot plates of coil made, cast iron, glass and ceramic cooktop. Being infrequent uses, all those cooktops need specific cleaning and maintenance. If you want to enjoy your camping cooking continuously, there is no alternative to the cleanliness of the gadget.
How to clean a hot plate?
Cleaning the coil burner of a hot plate
- There are many hot plates that have a coil burner on the cooktop. While cooking, this coil can get food elements, spared oil which must be cleaned for avoiding unpleasant smoke, smell, and any other problems. By using materials like cleaning clothes, mild dish soap, water, and baking soda, you can carry on the cleaning steps.
- If you are planning to clean the coil of your hot plate cooktop just after the use, you must give it enough time to cool down after unplugging it. This may take 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the cooling down, you need to remove the coil burner from the cooktop completely. Most of the hot plates are fitted with a simple unplugging system but you can also follow the manufacturer’s rules of removing the coil.
- Take a cleaning cloth with a mixture of mild dish soap and water. Softly try to sweep away the food residue if you find any. Don’t forget that you cannot submerge the coils or any electrical portion in water.
- If mild dish soap fails to remove the stuck-on food, you can apply it another way. The application of baking soda with water for 20 minutes on the coil will help you for easy removal of the food residue.
- If your hot plate has a drip pan under the coil, that must be cleaned carefully as well. Remove the drip pan and simply wipe it out with the mixture from the dishwasher. Besides, you can simply wash the stainless steel body coating in the same wiping way.
- Let all the washed elements dry out and then install them carefully according to the manufacturer’s rules.
- Above all, if you don’t wish to feel the hassle of hard cleaning, try to keep your gadget clean after every use on a daily routine basis.
Cleaning the cast iron burner of a hot plate
Many of us are habitual of using the cast iron skillet for cooking different foods. This type of cookware is quite durable and effective. Such cookware can work properly with an adjustable cooker. A cast-iron hot plate can be the best cooktop for a cast-iron skillet. But this hot plate will become a headache if you don’t maintain cleanliness. Unclean long-term food surplus can easily destroy quality. Therefore, you can follow these steps:-
- First, arrange some important materials which you will need. Such as Rubber gloves, a bucket with lukewarm water, a cleaning sponge, a scraper, kitchen cleaning fluid, and a dry cloth.
- If you want to clean your cast iron plate just after the use, let it cool down. Then put on rubber gloves or any other protective things so that you may not get any skin problems.
- Take your scraper and gently try to remove any large burn or leftover on the cast iron plate.
- There are different kitchen cleaning fluids on the market. Choose a fluid of high quality and put a small amount on the plate.
- Then take out your cleaning sponge and gently rub the plate for removing any types of grim and stains.
- Use clean warm water as it works best for this kind of purpose.
- Wiping out the body and plate; let them dry up properly. Maintain regular routine cleaning for best restoration.
Cleaning a glass top hot plate
Many of the hot plates have cooktops made of glass. Cleaning this glass surface is comparatively easy but little unconsciousness can create hazards. For sustainable performance and a glossy look, this glass surface must be cleaned properly and regularly.
- Never try to clean a hot glass top. Give it enough time to cool down so that you can take your cleaning activities safely.
- You can use distilled vinegar or simply warm water for cleaning the surface. Be sure of using mild cleaners as the surface is simple but sensitive.
- There can be specific manufacturer’s instructions about cleaning the surface so you can look for those rules.
- Try to use very gentle cleaning tools such as a soft cloth, sponge, or brush.
- Maintain cleanliness regularly and don’t forget to let the surface dry perfectly.
Cleaning process of ceramic cooktop of a hot plate
There are many hot plates in the market which deal with ceramic cooktops for cooking. This kind of cooktop is getting more popular day by day. The ceramic cooktop is relatively easier to be cleaned. Yet the surplus food or any other leftover product can create damage to the polished surface. The exact cleaning process can be maintained thus:
- For simple regular cleaning, you might need some materials like baking soda, soapy warm water, white vinegar, and a damp cloth.
- First, ensure that your gadget has cooled down completely.
- Then sprinkle baking soda on the cooktop and make sure they cover the whole surface properly.
- You can also make a mixed combination of white vinegar on baking soda and used a spray bottle for proper distribution. This method is mainly featured for removing the toughest stains.
- Use a dishcloth on warm soapy water for rubbing the whole surface softly. You should wait for a while after that.
- Finally, use a damp towel or cloth to wipe out the whole surface properly. Make sure they get dry before further use.
How to clean a rusty or burnt hotplate
Dealing with a rusty or burnt hot plate is not an easy task at all. Maintaining cleanliness on such tough conditions needs a special formula. For getting the highest possible solution, you can follow the following way.
- Use a damp cloth for pre-cleaning the surface again and again with a circular motion.
- Then use two tablespoons of baking soda with a cup of vinegar and mix them well.
- After making the mixture you can use a toothbrush or suitable tool for using that mixture into the affected areas and gently rub until the rust or burnt sign fades away.
- Besides, you can also buy and use rust cleaning specialized fluid from the market.
how to clean black hob plates?
first, switch off your hob at the mains. Then, wait for the hob to cool down before you start cleaning it. Next, wet a cloth with warm soapy water and wipe down your hob. Be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Finally, use a dry cloth to buff away any streaks. And that’s it! In just a few simple steps, you can have your black hob plates looking as good as new.
how do you clean stove plates with baking soda?
To clean your stove plates with baking soda, you will need 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup warm water, a sponge, or a scrub brush. First, mix the baking soda and warm water together until the baking soda is dissolved. Next, using your sponge or scrub brush, apply the mixture to the stove plates. Be sure to scrub all of the affected areas.
Finally, rinse the plates with warm water to remove any residue. And that’s it! With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can easily clean your stove plates with baking soda.
The best way to ensure a long-lasting perfect service from your hot plate is to maintain proper cleanliness after every use. Don’t leave your hot plate with food residues and you will need not worry about facing any tough cleaning emergency.
For keeping your gadget in a long-term glossy shape, you just require a simple wipe out with a regular cleaning cloth. Alongside the plates, you should wash the body parts and additional accessories.
Knife sharpening is all about getting the blade of your knife in as perfect a shape as possible. There are two different methods, stropping and honing, both of which are used to get your kitchen...
Most of us don't have a clear understanding of the differences between a carving knife and a chef's knife. They both have their own purposes and uses. Here is a breakdown of when to use each type of...