Recurring cleaning of the gas grill is essential to get rid of the food residue. If you leave the food residue on the grill grates, with time it starts to release the unexpected smells and eventually frustrates the taste of the meals you cook. This is where you need to offer recurring cleaning to your gas grill. Efficient cleaning successfully axes the food residue buildup.
Among a lot of cleaning elements, the oven clean is very effective suffices to be applied as the standard cleaning element. This article will discuss how to clean a gas grill with oven cleaner. Read the full article carefully…
Oven cleaner for cleaning gas grills:
There are a lot of elements and ways to clean up a gas grill, yet only a few are highly effective and the oven cleaner is one of them. Oven cleaner can deal with the worst food build up easily and effectively than most other cleaning elements since Butane is the main component of it.
Then comes the monoethanolamine, which stands against the fatty acids and softens the grease better than any other cleaning solution. This solution also contains diethylene glycol monobutyl to aid the monoethanolamine and to last longer. Besides, sodium hydroxide works along with the MEA and butane to make the coating easy to wipe away with all the dirt and heavy residue.
Sometimes wiping the grates is not sufficient, and if you offer cleaning once in a year, there is no alternative to deep cleaning. Oven cleaner really suffices to serve as the standard cleaning material. Just apply the cleaner and wait for several moments, you have your original gas grill back.
Cleaning a gas grill with oven cleaner:
Without a bit of doubt, using an oven cleaner to clean up a gas grill is a bit tricky process. If you don’t know exactly what to do and when to do, you may end up damaging your grill. So here is my easiest guide on how to clean a gas grill with oven cleaner.
There are a few elements, which you will need to start the cleaning process. Make sure you have them ready before you go for the process:
- Oven cleaner
- Cleaning rags
- A damp cloth or paper towels
- Dishwashing detergent
- A grill brush of metal bristle
When you have the elements ready, you can start the cleaning process following the guideline mentioned below.
- Turn off the gas supply: As a safety precaution, at first turn off the gas supply of your grill. It is even better to remove the grill from the gas tank.
- Remove the ash pan: Then detach the ash pan from your grill. Put down all the elements from and wipe it properly until you see there is almost no dirt in it. When you are done with this process, just put back the pan inside the grill in place.
- Spray the oven cleaner: This is the most important step. Use the nozzle of your oven cleaner and start spraying it on the grill and grates. Remember, here you have to create a smooth coat of oven cleaner on the grates and the grill; so spray enough of it to coat properly.
Then spray the oven cleaner inside the grill and coat noticeably.
Pro tips: Don’t spray on the external or outer parts of the grill. If you do, it may result in damaging the enamel surface of the grill.
- Allow it to set: After you coat the grill, you have to wait for at least 20-25 minutes to let the coating set effectively. For the optimal result, you may wait up to 35 minutes. Just keep a note of the coating. The more you wait, the more vulnerable the food residue becomes. When you allow the grease to loosen and soften, you can wipe it out without any hassle or just by scrubbing it.
- Wipe it up: Then us the damp cloth or the paper towels to wipe out the grill or the grates properly. You will require a solid and clean towel, so you should change the towel when needed. Then lift the grates, as you have to wipe out the inner side of your grill the same way.
- Wash out the grill: Here you will have to use at least three tablespoons dishwashing detergent and mix it in 1-gallon water. After that, use the solution to wash out the grill and grill grates thoroughly.
Eventually, you use this solution to wipe out the inner and outer parts of your grill.
- Rinse out the whole device: At last, use clean water to wash out all the detergent visible on the grill.
Pro Tips: If you find any stubborn or stick residue, try using the grill brush of metal bristle. Try mildly first and then a bit harder; the residue will be removed by then.
There are some safety precautions as well. Oven cleaner is usually very caustic. Therefore, it is not safe to use oven cleaner bare-handed; wear standard high quality and standard gloves to protect your hand. Besides, you should follow all the safety instructions of the manufacturer in order to safeguard your grill from any possible damage or injury and to maintain the original color or appearance.
Is it safe to use easy off oven cleaner on gas grills?
The easy off oven is also known as the fume-free oven cleaner. As a matter of fact, both these elements are somewhat the same, yet somewhat different. Sometimes the fume-free oven cleaner may turn out to be excessively caustic. That is why experts don’t recommend using the easy off oven cleaner. In the same way, I forbid to use this cleaning element and I recommend using the grill cleaner in such situations.
If you want to use the easy off oven cleaner, follow these steps strictly:
- Use standard hand gloves for added safety
- Avoid using the easy off oven cleaner directly on the grill exterior
- Don’t apply more than needed
- Take time and finish the whole process very carefully with your eyes open
Cleaning frequency determines what type of cleaner you need. However, as a standard cleaner, oven cleaner could be your best pick when you have to offer deep cleaning to your gas grill. In addition, oven cle3aner also suffices to be your cleaning element for the recurring clean as well.
Utilize your need and use the oven cleaner following the rules carefully.
Related Buyer’s Guide