Cooking is an art. For giving this art an attractive identity, there is no alternative to a great compatible cooker. That is why; there has been the emergence of different cooking gadgets with so many diversified qualities. These gadgets are made of various materials that have specific benefits, categorized compatibility, different cooking and cleaning options, etc.
Some of the cooktop materials have become really popular as those are quite capable of facilitating versatile ways of cooking. Cast iron flat top grill is such a well-recognized kitchen component.
Cast iron is a widely accepted kitchen oriented material because it comes with different benefits. The combination of iron and carbon helps the cooking tool to store up tremendous heat which stays pretty warm even after the end of the cooking process.
Moreover, it can successfully deal with so many traditional and upgraded cookware objects we use. The foods on this cast iron plate also get some of the nutritive value of iron which makes it more attractive.
In order to get the best use out of this cast iron, you require a cast iron flat top grill. This gadget is featured with a classy cast iron cooktop which will help you to fry, grill, bake, braise, broil, roast and a lot more. From the breakfast preparations to the dinner, the usability of this smart gadget is inevitable.
Like all other cooking tools and machines, a cast iron flat top grill also needs proper cleaning. As the use of this tool is accessed with different items like fish, meat and vegetables, washing the surface is a compulsory fact. But you should be cautious about the cleaning way you are going to choose. Cast iron does not have resistance power over acetic elements. Therefore, the cleaning approach should be authentic.
How to Clean a Cast Iron Flat Top Grill?
Necessary arrangements and primary cleaning preparations:
Before you proceed for practical cleaning, you should fix a method of your preference. According to different formulas, you may require things like cleaning-scraper, brush, cleaning-cloth or towel, soap, unpolished and unalloyed salt, etc. Adjust the process by analyzing the condition and grits which you have to remove. After the pre provision, advance towards the implementation of the formula.
The use of boiled water:
The simple cleaning can be done with the simplistic use of boiled water. Hot water works effectively for softening the hard food particles which later gets easier to be taken off.
- First of all, boil a modest amount of water by using high heat. The quantity of the water should be enough to cover up the whole surface of the grill with at least one inch of thickness. Then wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While you wait, the boiled water will make the dirt removable. Dismount all the water. Use a scraper or even a cleaning brush to get rid of all those unexpected parts from the cooktop.
- Finally, take a towel or dry clothes and mob over the flat top to dry out it quickly and to give a finishing touch.
Cleaning the cast iron flat top grill with the combination of salt and hot water:
Unpolished salt is a very effective naturalistic element for effective cleanliness. This salt has structural features which will liquefy those tough particles.
- Take proportional amount of unpolished salts and spread firmly over the whole cooking space of the cast iron flat top grill.
- After spreading the salt, use some hot water over that salt so that the sticky-salty water may work more effectively. Wait for some time to proceed for the next step.
- Then take a towel or paper and move your hand over the surface in order to get off the spared food parts with relatively hard touch.
- At the end, use a clean cloth to efface all the water and salt to give the cooktop a polished look.
- You can even use only salt for cleaning the particles.
Apply soap and water for cleaning:
The combined use of soap and water can give you efficient result regarding the cleanliness of the cast iron flat top grill.
- At the beginning, sprinkle some gentle detergent powder over the whole area of the cooktop. Mix some hot water and use a brush or sponge to cover up every inch with that soapy water.
- Within few minutes, the dirt and the leftover components of food will become soft enough to be rubbed off the surface.
- Use a dry-clean sponge or brush and towel to wipe away the wetness.
Seasoning the cast iron flat top grill:
Though every cooking works like a mild seasoning for this tool, an advanced seasoning process will make the cast iron durable, resistant and comfortably washable. Vegetable oil works more effectively on this regard. Apply oil over the cleaned surface and heat up the surface with the temperature in between 400 to 500 degrees limit. Carry on the process for 8 to 10 minutes and swab it with a towel.
While you intend to clean your gadget, make sure you cool down the cooktop before the application of any sorts of cleaning accessories. Besides, don’t continue farther use before making your cast iron flat top grill completely dry.
Cast iron coating is very durable and user-friendly. Yet, the multiple cooking purposes can create some unfavorable conditions. So, for having the best out of your cast iron flat top grill, daily or routine based cleaning will be intensively helpful.