It feels great to cut your fruits efficiently without damaging the inner parts of the fruits or to chop your desired/ favorite fruits into a salad. However, to do this, you must have one of the best fruit knives in your hand. You can just cut through any fruits and make salads. You can also use them for making an attractive design of serving trays.
If you use a fruit knife once, you will understand how great a purpose these fruit knives can serve. You can also use your fruit knife for some other kitchen tasks as well to make the most of your money.
Today we will walk you through some of the efficient and effective fruit knives along with the pros and cons. So, let’s get started!
Here is a buying guide for the best fruit knives. A handy fruit knife must have these qualities.
The perfect size for a great fruit knife is 4 5/8″ to 5 3/4″ when closed.
Number of Blades:
All the fruit knives come with one or two blades.
Types of Blade:
Usually, there are two types of blades; one is smooth and the other is wavy. If you want to cut through the tough skin easily, you should go for the wavy ones.
There is no doubt that stainless steel is the best material for fruit knives. It lasts long without any problems. But other materials are prone to an acid environment.
Most of the fruit knives come with stainless steel-made handles. However, some offer plastic handles. If you care about the protection against the acidity of the fruits, you can choose the ones with plastic made handles.
It is not a must for fruit knives. However, if you are a fruit worker and you like to keep your knife handy, you can buy the ones with a carry pouch.
Best Fruit Knives
The Okami’s Chef Knife is a perfect 8-inch knife multi-purpose chef’s knife. It is made of special Japanese stainless steel, which makes it a very durable, top quality, yet, affordable a knife. Its large blade also possesses a slight curve to allow French and Chinese cutting techniques.
This amazing knife can do all of your kitchen tasks such as chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing very efficiently.
- Knife dimensions are 12.68 x 0.94 x 1.69 inches
- It weighs only 7 ounces
- Made of premium VG10 Japanese Steel
- The slightly curved long blade of 8-inch
- Comes with an ergonomic pakkawood handle
- The razor-sharp top quality edge retention feature
Kitchen Ceramic Knife Set Professional Knife With Sheaths
It an amazing knife set of Yangjiang Yangdong Huarui Tool Co., Ltd. They are made of precision nanometer zirconia, so when it comes to weight, the weight is half of a metal-based knife. These knives are super hard and cut like a pro for years. Because of their ceramic construction, they remain sharp for a long time. As they are lightweight, the gripping is easy.
This affordable package includes:
- 1 x 6-inch Ceramic Chef Knife
- 1 x 5-inch Ceramic Chef Knife3.
- 1 x 4-inch Ceramic Utility Knife
- 1 x 3-inch Ceramic Paring Knife
- 1 x Y Shape Vegetable Peeler
- Item Dimensions are (LxWxH) 11.02 x 3.35 x 1.57 inches
- Item weight is only 0.66 pounds
- The ceramic knife is made of precision nanometer zirconia
- Ergonomic notched handle for comfortable gripping
- Razor-sharp and its hardness is comparable to diamond
- Anti-proof, anti-germ, anti-stain, and does not corrode
- 10 Best Nakiri Knife in 2021 (In-Depth Review & Buying Guide)
- Best Chef Knife Under $100 In 2021
- 8 Best BBQ Knives Of 2021 [In-Depth Review & Buying Guide]
Norpro, Silver Twin Blades Grapefruit Knife, 8 inch
If you want to enjoy squirt-free grapefruit easily, then this Silver Twin Blades Grapefruit Knife of Norpro is for you. The curved serrated twin blades are made of stainless steel to cut through fruits easily without any kind of a mess.
Another interesting fact about this knife is its attractive rosewood handle.it feels like quality and aesthetic at an affordable price. You can grab one right away.
- Knife measurement is 8″ X. 5″ X. 5″/ 20cm x 1. 25cm x 1. 25cm.
- It weighs 2.08 ounces
- It’s an 8-inch size knife
- Stainless steel blades curved serrated twin blades
- Comes with a beautiful rosewood handle
- Usable with both the hands
Ceramic Knife Set, Kitchen Knife with Sheath Covers
Another impressive knife set of QUELLANCE. When you want to do all your kitchen tasks just using a set of knives, you will rarely find any better option than this Ceramic Knife Set of QUELLANCE. They are made of high-quality Zirconia. Therefore, compare d other materials, these are shaper, lightweight, and do the entire kitchen task efficiently to make the most of the buyer’s money.
- 1 x 6-inch Ceramic Chef Knife
- 1 x 4-inch Ceramic Utility Knife
- 1 x 3-inch Ceramic Paring Knife
- Product dimensions are 13.2 x 1.4 x 6.7 inches
- They weigh 8.8 ounces
- Made of high-quality Zirconia to last long
- These knives can keep the nutrients moisture of fruits
- Comes with a safe texture of hilts
XINSAKAISUJI Fruit Knife 5-inch ceramic knife
It is multi-function lightweight and comparatively smaller a very top quality knife of the well-known manufacturer, XINSAKAISUJI. When your priority is a small knife, yet suitable for all the kitchen tasks, you can depend on this XINSAKAISUJI Fruit Knife without a second thought.
It is easy to use keeps the natural taste of food, and most importantly, it is durable with high-quality ceramic construction.
- Item Dimensions are (LxWxH) 9.69 x 1.02 x 0.59 inches
- Item Weight is 1.73 Ounces
- High-quality ceramic built 5-inch knife
- The package comes complete with a knife cover and an exquisite packing box
- Offers a soft and comfortable ergonomic handle
- Anti-oxidation material is used so there is no odor problem
- The hardness of the blade is super high like a diamond
HIC Harold Import Co Stainless Steel Grapefruit Knife
This grapefruit knife is manufactured in china. It is very lightweight weighing only 0.352 ounces. It is made of premium grade stainless steel, but comes with a wooden handle; that is a specialty indeed as the handle is double-riveted. The handle offers a much better gripping and comfortable experience compared to most others in the market.
The blade also possesses double edges, so you can easily cut through any grapefruit sections.
- Product Dimensions are 4 x 5 x 2 inches
- The knife weighs only 0.352 ounces
- Premium grade stainless steel blade
- The blade has double edges for better result
- Offers a double riveted wooden handle
ARCOS Series Riviera Blanc-Tomato Knife-Blade Nitrum
Arcos Hermanos S.A. is known for its well-thought and affordable top-quality product line. Adhering to their commitment, they launched the Riviera series with this amazing Tomato Knife-Blade. It is a forged and stainless tell made compact knife, which is also comparatively smaller and lightweight
If you are looking for a forged design knife, here is the one you are looking for.
- Knife dimensions are 9.06 x 1.18 x 0.39 inches
- It weighs 4.9 ounces
- 130 mm or 5.12 Inches blade
- NITRUM® forged stainless steel construction of the blade
- Polyoxymethylene (POM) made elegant French style ferrule idea handle
- Come with stainless steel groove rivets, which are rust-resistant
Kuhn Rikon Melon Knife Colori
The Kuhn Rikon Melon Knife Colori is a cut-out design knife, which is in the market since 2011, yet remains unmatchable. It has been aired so much because of its rear high-performing cut-out design. Its super sturdy Japanese steel is nonstick coated for the best result possible at this price point.
You can use this knife to cut through the hard winter squash and melons easily. You can also store it and transport it easily because of its matching sheath.
- Knife dimensions are 15 x 1.5 x 0.75 inches
- The weight of the knife is 1.12 ounces
- Japanese carbon stainless steel blade
- Quality ergonomic handle built to last
- Comes with a nonstick coating on the blade
- The sheath of the knife has a scoop on it
Seki Japan Professional Fruit Knife
This professional fruit knife is manufactured in Seki, Japan. Seki City is famous around the globe for its high-quality cutlery, be it kitchen knives, fruit knives, pocket knives, scissors, etc. This knife is no different from that. With its sturdy construction and comfortable design, it is totally worth your money.
The specialty of this knife is its handle, which is made of natural wood. It also has a matching sheath for easy portability and safe use.
- The knife dimensions are 8.46 x 1.26 x 0.59 inches
- It weighs only 0.81 ounces
- Comes with a point ended blade design
- Natural wood made comfortable handle
- Offers a matching sheath
Lightweight and Sharp Ceramic Knife Paring Knives
It is a ceramic paring lightweight for those who want a comparatively smaller, yet well-constructed and super durable fruit knife at an affordable price point.
This knife from O-LIFE is very lightweight, smaller, only 4 inches long, which possesses a knife-edged blade to outperform all other knives available in the market at this price point. To be mentioned, it possesses an attractively cute design that may attract selective ones.
- Knife dimensions are 8.19 x 1.85 x 1.54 inches
- This knife weighs only 6.3 ounces
- The knife is 4-inch long
- Advanced ceramic called zirconium oxide made sturdy blade
- The ceramic paring construction is anti-rust and germ-resistant
- The handle is much wider and very soft
- Comes with a protective sheath
FAQ on Fruit knives
What is the difference between a paring knife and a veggie peeler?
A paring knife is a smaller, pointed knife that is used for removing the skin from fruits and vegetables. A veggie peeler is a larger, blunt knife that is used for scraping the skin from fruits and vegetables. Both knives can be used for other purposes, but these are their primary functions.
Paring knives are typically between two and four inches long, while veggie peelers can be up to six inches long. Both knives can have serrated or straight blades.
Are serrated blades better for cutting fruit than non serrated blades?
There are pros and cons to both serrated and non-serrated blades when it comes to cutting fruit. Non-serrated blades are better for creating clean cuts, while serrated blades are better for holding onto the fruit’s skin. However, serrated blades can also cause more damage to the fruit. Ultimately, it is up to the user to decide which type of blade works best for them.
Do I need an apple slicer or can I just use my chef’s knife?
You can simply use your chef’s knife to slice the apple. However, an apple slicer can make the process quicker and easier. It can also help to create uniform slices. Whether or not you need an apple slicer is up to personal preference.
Also Read: Why does tomato knife have 2 points?
A fruit knife is really a very handy tool as it offers the required support and assistance to cut through fruits, taste them, or make a salad out of them.
However, to get the best result, you must buy the best fruit knives. They are able to give you the best experience possible in cutting fruits. If you get one of these best fruit knives, we assure you, you will make the most of your money with a very satisfactory experience.
Knife sharpening is all about getting the blade of your knife in as perfect a shape as possible. There are two different methods, stropping and honing, both of which are used to get your kitchen...
Most of us don't have a clear understanding of the differences between a carving knife and a chef's knife. They both have their own purposes and uses. Here is a breakdown of when to use each type of...