Efficiency is the most important thing for any kind of kitchen tool because you have to use them daily. Besides, who doesn’t want to want to get things done properly and at ease? Chef knives are one of those kitchen tools, which you need for an easy-peasy food preparation irrespective of situations. Slice, dice, disjoint, mince, or chop-such a handy tool!
However, when you want efficiency guaranteed in a cost-effective chef’s knife, you have to choose it very carefully with your eyes open. Do not worry! Here we are to help you deal with choosing the best and affordable chef knife.
Let us examine the features with the pros and cons of the 10 best chef knives under 100 dollar.
Buying Guide for Chef Knife
From a general point of view, it is crystal-clear that you are looking for the best chef knife under $100. Therefore, there are some requirements or criteria to look for when searching for the best chef knives. This section is all about those requirements.
This is one of the most important requirements for a quality chef knife. A chef knife with a proper blade length will help you get things done easily. Since you want a chef knife under $100, we recommend you to get one of 6-10” blade length. It is not necessary that you always want a chef knife of 6”. Just consider your needs. There is some full-size chef knifes available, too. Get what suits your needs best.
Stainless Steel Quality
Stainless steel blades do not necessarily ensure quality all the time. The amount of carbon in carbon steel plays a vital role, so does the amount of chrome. Chrome also takes care of the durability of the blade. There are some models with chrome highly mixed in their blades to ensure that they last long.
At least 15% of chrome is good for a chef knife blade. On the other hand, carbon steel requires some consideration, too. Certainly, you do not want a knife that is not durable. For an affordable chef knife, you need considerable strength along with durability. That is why the amount of carbon in knifes matter.
The recommended amount of carbon is at least 0.6 to 0.75 percent. A ceramic knife may break easily if you drop. Therefore, you need to know the specification very carefully.
Who doesn’t want a sharper knife at an affordable price? Knives that feature edge retention are 20 percent sharper compared to others out there. Therefore, it is also a very important requirement for a knife to be regarded as best. Consider this also.
It is a good idea to buy a knife from renowned and reputable brands. As they are already famous for their quality, it is an easy assumption that they produce high-quality stuff. Moreover, there is a heap of brands and models out there, which claim their products the best. Therefore, you do not want to hesitate anymore. You can just go for those renowned brands.
It is also important to know where the knives come from or who makes them. Nowadays it matters a lot; at least experts say so. Over the years, we have seen the German-made chief knives have been of high quality as they have German steel on them.
They feature a very effective cutting edge. Japanese made chef knives are known for their sharpness, thickness and hardness. Therefore, to some extent, it is fair to say the check out the industry location.
You cannot deny that it feels good if you have a knife with a lifetime warranty. In fact, some models have a lifetime warranty in place. So along with the other requirement, consider this as well.
Remember, these are the requirements or criteria of a quality cook’s knife. If you buy one adhering to these criteria, we assure you, you will get the right one.
In Depth Guide Of Chef Knives under $100
In this section, we will try to give you an in-depth view of the best chef knives under 100. Here are our picks:
Victorinox 45520 Fibrox Pro Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s FFP
With the ultra-advanced features, Victorinox Fibrox Pro Knife has been one of the most popular chef knives for both the home kitchen tasks and the professional chef’s tasks.
It possesses such an amazingly crafted edge of stainless steel that can give you super comfort while doing any kind of kitchen tasks, be it dicing, mincing, disjointing, chopping, or slicing. Literally, it fits for every task.
It has a long enough blade to add to your comfort. To be mentioned, it has non-slip materials in its handle to stand it out compared to its competitors.
- Stainless steel made 7.9-inch long and extra-wide blade
- Reliable and very lightweight high-quality steel
- Features a never-seen before and easy handling system
- You can do everything with it, be it dicing, mincing, disjointing, chopping or slicing
- Amazingly crafted edge
- It has thermoplastic elastomers in its handle for very easy grip
- Its flat spine allows you to put extra force for heavy items
- An NSF certified and safe for dishwasher
Are you looking for the best fruit knives, Read the in depth guide.
imarku Chef Knife, Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef’s Knives
We all love a multifunctioning, ultra-sharp knife made of high-carbon stainless steel, don’t we? It is a revolutionary product with high carbon stainless steel. It’s 8-inch long bade is 2.3 mm thick, which possesses approximately 0.6%-0.75% carbon to ensure super strength and lifelong durability.
To add to its credibility, it comes with a blade that has 16-18% chrome material in it. All these features make it versatile and super reliable.
- The amount of carbon is 0.6-0.75%, which makes it super strong and durable
- It has 16-18% chromium in it
- Very sharp edge
- Works for all purposes, be it dicing, mincing, disjointing, chopping or slicing
- For extra comfort and peaceful experience it has ergonomic pakka handle
- Because of the composition of carbon and chrome material its bade is anti-corrosion and anti-tarnish blade
- Comes with Rockwell Hardness Scale of 56-58 making it very hard
- Safe for dishwasher
Are you looking for the Best Nakiri Knife? Read more Here
J.A. Henckels International Classic 10-Inch Chef’s Knife
It is a multi-functional high-carbon stainless steel blade with a 10-inch blade length, which sets it apart from many other popular models out there. Sometimes, the situation is such that we tend to buy an affordable full-size knife for getting extra advantages. J.A.
Henckels International Classic 10-Inch Chef’s Knife comes complete to fulfill our needs with its extra sharp and quite a large blade. To add to its credibility, though it is assembled in Spain but possesses German materials in place. It is reliable.
- 10-inch long blade
- Made of German high carbon stainless steel
- Durability secured by a proper amount of carbon
- Hot-drop forged blade
- It possesses a handle which is triple riveted
- Multifunctional knife, so it can do all your kitchen tasks
- Because of user-friendly design, it is easy to clean
- Safe for Dishwasher
Mercer Culinary Genesis 9-Inch Chef’s Knife
When you are in search of the best chef’s knife, the Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Chef’s Knife comes to your list automatically. It is renowned all over the world for its extremely comfortable and ultra-safe grip that only a very few knives in the market provide.
Besides, it is made of German high-quality carbon stainless steel that adds more credibility by making it sharper, stronger and durable. Additionally, with a proper blade length, it ensures versatility. You can depend on it for chopping and slicing to mincing.
- 9-inch long blade
- High quality German Carbon stainless steel
- Offers ergonomic santoprene handle that allows super easy and very comfortable grip
- Comes with bolster to ensure super balance
- It is NSF approved
- Comes with Taper-ground edge that adds to durability and sharpness
- Magnificent Edge retention
- Lightweight and well balanced
- It offers limited lifetime warranty
DALSTRONG Chef Knife – 10″ – Gladiator Series
If you are selective and stylish, the DALSTRONG Chef Knife is for you. In fact, this knife is an award-winning knife for its stunning design. To put simply, Dalstrong realizes the importance of producing quality knives along with amazingly attractive design and artistic look.
It has a blade made of high-quality German carbon stainless steel. Most importantly, it is laminated and polished along with its 56+ Rockwell hardness. Besides, it has chrome in it to ensure the durability and comfort you want from an affordable piece of kitchen equipment.
- Comes complete with attractive design elements, and premium materials
- Never-seen before performance at this price
- Features precisely tempered stainless steel to make it stain resistant
- Carefully tempered 56+ Rockwell hardness
- Because of it carbon steel it offers super strength and durability
- Features ergonomic handle that ensure comfortable grip
- Laminated for extra sharp edge
- Incredible robustness ensured by full tang
- Mixed chromium makes it stain resistance
- Comfortable overall design for easy clean up
ORBLUE 8 Inch Kitchen Chef’s Knife, Professional, Ultra-Sharp,
The ORBLUE 8 Inch Kitchen Chef’s Knife is known for its no-slip ergonomic handle that ensures a safe and very comfortable working experience. It possesses a stainless steel blade, which is ultra-sharp, durable, and lasts for a long time.
It is also not behind in design, too; it has a very attractive design that keeps winning hearts. Well balanced and well-thought length and thickness of the blade. Most importantly, it is a versatile cook’s knife, so you can use it for mincing, slicing, dicing, chopping to other kitchen tasks very easily.
- 8-inch long ultra-sharp stainless steel
- No- slip erganomic handle
- Precision-crafted attractive design
- Versatility guaranteed, be it dicing, mincing, disjointing, chopping, slicing, crushing, or carving
- Well balanced handle weight ratio
- Lightweight; weighs only 6.34 oz
Miyabi Morimoto Edition Chef’s Knife
This serves a special purpose by combining the ultimate best of two techniques, e.g., Japanese and Western. It possesses specific formula; made from high-quality German carbon stainless steel. The authentic thin Japanese blade profile adds to its credibility.
It is ever reliable for its thickness. It is anti-corrosion with its quality materials. Its ergonomic handle will give you the comfort you want while using it. It a carefully handcrafted in Japan as well.
- 8-inch stainless steel blade
- Designed adhering to Chef Morimoto’s signature cooking style
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Ergonomic handle for better grip
- High quality German carbon stainless steel
- Anti-corrosion materials used
- Combines Japanese and Western techniques
- Rounded spine and heel
- Medium/Light-weight with a balance point just in front of the bolster
Mac Knife Series Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife
Mac knives have been known for some of its extremely sharp knives out there. The Mac Knife Series Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife is no different to that cause. It is made of high carbon, at least 0.6 to 0.75 percent, which makes it one of the sharpest knives available in these days.
To put simply, it is exceptionally sharp and cuts everything like pro. Original Molybdenum steel adds to it by providing better edge-retention. Besides, its pakka handle is there to ensure you have comfortable grip for easy using.
- 8-inch long quality exceptionally sharp high carbon stainless steel made blade
- Proper use of carbon (0.6 to 0.75 percent) makes it super strong and durable
- Its Molybdenum steel ensures better edge-retention
- Pakka wood handle
- Light weight and well balanced handle blade ratio
- Proper materials used it make it anti-rust
- It has a length of 12.63 inches
- Made in japan
Global G-4-7 inch, 18cm Oriental Chef’s Knife
The Global G-4-7 inch, 18cm Oriental Chef’s Knife stands out compared to the mainstream because of its lifetime warranty against defects and breakage. This proves how reliable it is. It is a very precisely balanced chef’s knife.
With a blade made from high-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel, it stands against any kind of odds. It is super strong indeed. Its well-crafted edge remains sharp for a long time without any kind of trouble. IT is lightweight, so is easy to use. Besides, ensures a super comfortable and safe grip with its molded stainless steel blade.
- A 7-inch oriental blade made of high quality CROMOVA 18 stainless, which is precisely balanced
- Offers a super strong and durable ultra-sharp blade
- Features high-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel
- Materials used to ensure long-lasting sharpness and it works perfectly well
- Comes with molded handle to ensure easy and comfortable grip
- Hassle free use for every kitchen task because it is versatile
- It is very lightweight; weighs only 0.388 ounces
- Comes complete with lifetime warranty against defects and breakage
Shun Sora Chef’s Knife, 8 Inch, Cutlery Handcrafted in Japan,
The Shun Sora Chef’s Knife is made adhering to Japanese tradition. So it possesses a traditional Japanese blade, in fact, the handle shape is also Japanese style.
The biggest advantage of this knife is-it is less curved than the regular chef knives, so you can take it for granted that it cuts more every time saving your time and energy. It is handcrafted in Japan and offers a hand-sharpened 16-degree double-bevel blade. It comes stain resistance with VG10 clad
- 8-inch long traditional Japanese blade
- It has proprietary composite blade technology with VG10 san Mai cutting core
- Stain resistance materials used
- Less curved for better cutting
- Possesses traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care
- Comes complete with lifetime warranty
FAQ of Best Chef Knife Under 100 Dollar
This section will answer the frequently asked question about chef’s knife. This might answer some of the question you have in your mind.
What Do You Use a Chef’s Knife For?
Chef’s knives are also known as the cook’s knife. The name tells its usages actually. However, at the outset, it was meant to be used for slicing and separating bigger pieces of meat, not helping in food preparation. However, with time, people have started to use it as a cutting tool while preparing for cooking. A chef’s knife can do almost all the kitchen tasks, e.g. slicing meat, separating bigger pieces of meat, mincing, vegetable chopping, etc.
Why buy a chef’s knife?
The answer is very simple. The importance of a chef’s knife in our regular kitchen stuff is beyond words. It made out life much easier than before by helping us prepare for cooking. In a true sense of words, a chef’s knife is one of our daily necessaries. If you want to slice meat or chop vegetables comfortably, you need a chef’s knife. For disjointing bigger pieces of meat, for dicing or mincing, you need a chef’s knife. It is indeed a part of daily necessaries!
What Size Of Chef Knife Should I Buy?
Usually, six-inch chef knives have been popular and recommended for years, as people do not prioritize a kitchen knife at an affordable price. However, they are available in 10” to 14” inches sizes. Nowadays, people tend to buy one of 8-inch size. People tend to buy a full-size knife depending upon their needs. Our recommended size is 6-10”.
Which Thing Should I Know Before Buying A Chef Knife?
Before buying a chef knife, you should about the criteria or requirements of a high-quality knife. This will ensure that you get the right and affordable chef knife.
How to select the right chef’s knife?
To select the right chef’s knife, you should look for some criteria. Consider your needs first. From a general perspective, an 8-inch blade is good enough. Look for its steel quality or the kind of material used (e.g. Carbon steel, stainless steel, Damascus steel, or ceramic). Know in detail, where it comes from and the manufacturer’s quality. Prefer a knife with edge retention feature and lifetime warranty.
What material should the knife blade be?
There are different types of material that a knife blade can be made of. We find carbon steel, stainless steel, laminated material, Damascus steel, or ceramic. All of these tend to remain sharper for a long time. Nevertheless, some remain sharper for longer.
Usually, stainless steel is preferable for a knife blade. A German-made knife with 15% chromium on it would be the best pick. Alternatively, carbon steel with 0.6 to 0.75 percent carbons on it makes a blade much more strong and durable.
What consumers are saying?
Chef’s knives or cook’s knives have been in use for a long time now. All the consumers are happy using these knives, with advanced features, they ensure quality services and let users work at ease. According to the consumer, these knives are a lot stronger and sturdier than everyday knives.
They are well-balanced, easy to use, stays sharper for long and easy to sharpen. Besides, they can do almost all the kitchen tasks. That is why consumers made chef’s knife a tool for preparing food from a meat slicing and disjointing tool.
How we tested the chef’s Knives?
We tested the chef’s knives sharpness using ingredients of simple structure. We tested their edge retention and durability. Some of them break if dropped. We tested the amount of carbon in carbon steel and the amount of chromium on stainless steel. The amount varies, so do sharpness and durability.
Evidence shows 15% chromium in stainless steel makes the blades sharper and stronger. Again, 0.6 to 0.75 percent carbons take care of strength and durability. Ceramic knives may break if dropped. We tested the laminated material made. Because of the different materials used, they tend to remain sharper.
Among our daily kitchen necessaries, the chef’s knife has acquired a tremendous amount of gravity by offering great quality and comfort while preparing food.
However, the tricky and most important part is choosing the right chef’s knife for your kitchen tasks. We tried to guide you to get the best one among the best. Therefore, while buying one, follow our guide to ensure affordability, durability and efficiency. Hope this article has been a help for you.
Knife sharpening is all about getting the blade of your knife in as perfect a shape as possible. There are two different methods, stropping and honing, both of which are used to get your kitchen...
Most of us don't have a clear understanding of the differences between a carving knife and a chef's knife. They both have their own purposes and uses. Here is a breakdown of when to use each type of...